The Village of New Paltz Environmental Policy Board (EPB) advises the Village Board on environmental issues and advocates for the rights of nature. The EPB meets on the 4th Tuesday of every month at 7:30 PM.
- Rachel Lagodka, Co-Chair
- Noah Lynch, Co-Chair
- Gregston Van Pukeston
- Ted Nitza
- Susan Stessin-Cohn
- Researchers: Julie Seyfert-Lillis, Wendy Toman, Jack Murphy, Eden Nitza
- Board Liaison: Don Kerr
- Secretary: Deputy Clerk
Functions of the EPB:
- Research and Propose policies that will:
- Prevent, minimize, remediate or mitigate, continuing or future harm to the environment
- Propose measures to remediate undo past harm to the environment
- Educate Village Residents about the causes and prevention of environmental problems; what can be done individually and collectively to reverse environmental damage.
- Maintain an open space inventory and open space map as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law
- Coordinate efforts of environmentally-based groups, clubs, government agencies to achieve positive environmental outcomes
New Paltz Area Recycles Information
New Paltz Paint Swap
The New Paltz Paint Swap is up and running on the 2nd floor of Village Hall (25 Plattekill Ave). All are invited to PICK-UP paint & supplies at no charge, anytime! DONATIONS are accepted the 2nd Saturday of every month from 9-11 AM ONLY. More information is available HERE.