Shade Tree Commission
The Board of Trustees declares that the protection, preservation, and maintenance of trees is necessary to protect the health and general welfare of the residents of the Village of New Paltz since trees are aesthetically appealing, provide environmental benefits and generally enhance the quality of life in the Village. The Board of Trustees hereby establishes a Shade Tree Commission, in accordance with the authority granted by Village Law § 17-1732, to exercise responsibility for the care and control of shade and ornamental trees and shrubbery on lands owned by the Village and promulgates regulations for the protection of trees throughout the Village.
- Mary Elizabeth Bannon, Chair
- Christine Marmo, Co-Chair
- Neil Bettez
- Emma Bruno
- Mark Eisenhandler
- Shelly Ottens
- Jason Rosenberg
- Don Kerr, Village Board Liaison
- Send general comments or inquiries to: Alana Sawchuk, Secretary
To preserve the ecological health and aesthetic value of the Village of New Paltz, any resident, business or organization seeking to cut, top or remove a tree must submit a written request to the Shade Tree Commission prior to taking any action.
Shade Tree Commission Applications:
- 2018 Shade Tree Commission Applications
- 2017 Shade Tree Commission Applications
- 2016 Shade Tree Commission Applications