8:20 AM, Water Advisory Update #6
Residents are still advised to not use the tap water for drinking, cooking, or making ice. Bathing, showering, washing your dishes or clothes is OK according to county and state officials.
Residents can pick up water at multiple locations today:
- At Village Hall (25 Plattekill Avenue): Bring containers to fill from a 6,000 gallon tanker at Village Hall (available 24 hours), and/or pickup of 5 water bottles per person or one case per household.
- At Meadowbrook apartment complex (Meadowbrook Circle): There is a “water buffalo” with 500 gallons of water near Unit 512. Residents need to bring containers for filling and it will be available 24 hours a day.
- At Huguenot Park apartment complex (45 N. Chestnut Street): There is a “water buffalo” with 500 gallons of water, enter at Front Street and drive to the back of the lot. Residents need to bring containers for filling and it will be available 24 hours a day.
- At Town & Country apartment complex (3 Huguenot Street): We are awaiting another “water buffalo” and will alert the public when it arrives and is available.
- There is a tanker and palettes of water bottles and jugs at SUNY New Paltz. Students should check their campus email for more information.
These alerts are being made available on our website and social media and to media outlets throughout the region. You can also look for Twitter updates from the Town of New Paltz Police Department. Please pass this information on to your neighbors or any households you think might not have access to this information.
Our licensed water operator and state DOH and DEC officials are continuing to take samples of water in numerous locations, including at our water treatment plant. The state is helping expedite the testing and we hope to have results within 24 hours.