Functions & Responsibilities
The Village of New Paltz Planning Board reviews land use issues that pertain to the Code of the Village of New Paltz including proposed Site Plan Reviews, Special Use Permits, and Subdivisions as well as general planning and zoning throughout the Village.
Current Planning Board Members
- Zach Bialecki, Chair (August 2023 – June 2026)
- Rachel Lagodka ( June 2021 – June 2026)
- Rich Souto (June 2020 – June 2025)
- Terry Dolan (September 2023 – June 2028)
- Amy Cohen, Member (October 2023 – June 2028)
- Ellen Rocco, Alternate (March 2023 – June 2024)
- VACANCY, Alternate
Consider serving your community by becoming a member of the Planning Board.
Send general comments or inquiries to the Planning and Zoning Secretary.
Telephone: (845) 255-0130 x123
Meeting and Submission Schedule
The Planning Board meets twice a month (on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month) unless there is no current agenda. To watch live stream meetings visit the Village YouTube Channel, or join the meeting via Zoom. The Zoom link will be posted at the top of each published agenda.
Calendar of Meetings and Submission Deadlines
- New Applications: Submitted 3 weeks before meeting dates (see schedule).
- Ongoing Applications: New information submitted by 10 AM the Monday following a meeting or TBD between applicant and Chair/Secretary.
- Public Comments: Submitted by noon on the Monday before an upcoming meeting for inclusion in that meeting.
Rules for Public Comment
Public Comment is opened at the beginning of the meeting for 10-15 minutes, during which time the public is invited to speak on any application before the Planning Board regardless of whether or not a Public Hearing has been scheduled. Zoom details for meetings will be included on the Planning Board Agendas which are posted on the Village of New Paltz home page in advance of scheduled meetings.
Written comment may be sent to: email@example.com.
Agendas, Minutes & Applications
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request information about current Planning Board applications.
You can also learn more by watching (or attending!) a meeting. Click here to view recorded Planning Board Meetings on YouTube