Welcome to the Village of New Paltz
All parking meters are in effect seven (7) days a week, excluding parking holidays.
Hours of operation:
- Monday through Saturday 9am – 6pm
- Sundays 1pm – 6pm
Coin-operated meters are available for on-street parking in the following locations: Main Street, N. Front Street, Church Street, Academy Street, N. Chestnut Street, S. Chestnut Street, Hasbrouck Avenue, Tricor Avenue, Mohonk Avenue, Plattekill Avenue; Village of New Paltz Department of Public Works Lot (Between Plattekill and Hasbrouck Aves); Main Street Bistro Lot (Between Church Street and N. Chestnut Street).
Credit card payments are accepted at the kiosks in the following public parking lots:
- Plattekill Avenue Lot (On Plattekill Avenue near Main Street)
- Post Office Lot (Between Main Street and N. Chestnut Street)
There is free public parking available near the Wallkill River and the Hudson Valley Rail Trail, in the lot off Huguenot Street. This lot is used during snow events in the Village.
Use ParkMobile to make payments directly from your mobile device, via web, text message, or Google Pay. See details below.
ParkMobile Offers More Options for Contactless Payments
ParkMobile now offers multiple ways to pay for parking, making it easier than ever to skip the meter and go contactless.
Ways to Pay:
- Pay by App: The full-featured app for iOS and Android provides the most complete parking experience. You can pay for parking or make a pre-paid reservation. Click to download the app for iOS or Android.
- Pay by Web: New lightweight mobile web experience lets you quickly pay for parking without downloading the full app. Click here to learn more.
- Pay by Text: Text “PARK” to 77223 and you will be able to quickly start a parking session.
- Google Pay: Pay with ParkMobile right in the Google Pay app. Plus, quick links from Google Maps make it easy to navigate and start a parking session.
To learn more, visit ParkMobile.io.
All meters must be paid regardless of their state of operation.
If a coin-op meter is not working, move to another parking spot to pay by coin.
Pay Parking Violations by cash or check at the Clerk-Treasurer’s office, Mon – Fri 9am – 4pm. Follow this link to pay Parking Violations by credit card.
See Village Code Article IV Parking, Standing, Stopping for complete information on local parking regulations, such as: twenty-four hour restriction, snowfall conditions, and designated handicapped spaces.