The Board of Ethics meets on an as needed basis.
Functions & Responsibilities
Per §24-6 of the Village Code the Village of New Paltz Ethics Board was created in order to, “render advisory opinions to the officers and employees of the Village with respect to Article 18 of the General Municipal Law and this Code of Ethics. In addition, the Board may make recommendations with respect to the drafting and adoption of amendments to this Code of Ethics thereto upon request of the Board of Trustees. The Board shall also have the responsibility to review disclosure statements filed pursuant to § 24-3G(2) of this chapter.
The Board of Ethics may adopt rules and regulations relative to the conduct of its business, but may only render advisory opinions subject to these limitations:
(1) Requests shall be in writing;
(2) Requests or inquiries must originate with a municipal officer or employee; a resident of the Village of New Paltz 18 years or older; or an owner or officer of a business operating within the Village of New Paltz. In the event the request or inquiry originates with a resident or business owner, such request or inquiry shall be accompanied by proof of residency or business operation within the boundaries of the Village of New Paltz, as the case may be, and, in the case of a business, shall also provide proof that the person making the request or inquiry is an owner, officer, or authorized agent of such business, all to the satisfaction of the Village Clerk; [Amended 6-27-2013 by L.L. No. 6-2013]
(3) Requests or inquiries must relate to the conflict of interest law or Code of Ethics; and
(4) The opinion must be approved as to legal sufficiency by the Village Attorney.”
- VACANCY, Chair
- Eugene Heath (June 2020 – June 2023)
- Kaitlin Gallucci (June 2020 – June 2024)
- Cody Schatzle (June 2020 – June 2024)
- KT Tobin, Village Board Trustee