The Village Board has been approached by two separate individuals interested in two different Village-owned properties. Both are currently being used as public parking lots managed by the Village. These include:
1) Lot behind the Bistro with frontage on N. Chestnut Street (approximately one tenth of an acre)
2) Lot across from the Tearoom on Plattekill Avenue (just less than one acre).
The Village Board has not committed to selling these properties but, in the spirit of transparency and a public process, has elected to accept bids and proposals from others who may be interested in either property. Proposals should indicate a proposed purchase amount and what the buyer would like to do with the property. Each bidder, including the individuals we have received bids from, shall submit their sealed proposal to the Clerk’s Office at Village Hall at 25 Plattekill Avenue before 1:00 PM, Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at which time they will be publicly opened and read aloud. The Village Board will review the bids, but makes no commitments to sell either parcel. Copies of this form are also available upon request from the Clerk’s office.
RESPONSE TO REQUEST FOR BIDS TO PURCHASE REAL PROPERTY
Proposals Must Include the Following Information:
1. Name and Contact Information of Bidder
2. A proposed development plan outlining the proposed use of the Property
3. Timing of project completion, and demonstrated compatibility with existing and proposed zoning regulations
4. A proposed timeline for taking occupancy of the Property under the development plan
5. An offer of payment for the Property
6. An analysis of municipal impacts of proposed development including utility usage that will be generated, if any, as a result of the development.
7. Evidence of Bidder’s financial capability to complete the purchase and development plan
8. A statement indicating how your Proposal represents the highest price and/or highest value to the Village in terms of direct or indirect financial, economic, or community benefits